Composting "difficult" materials on the cheap
« previous entry | next entry »
Jun. 10th, 2010 | 10:14 am
posted by: shy_extravert in frugalgreen
If you eat dairy or meat, how do you keep the scraps out of your garbage?
- I live in a townhouse, with a small patio. I do not have room for a hot compost pile or to bury meat/dairy items.
- I do have a worm bin, but this may actually violate my HOA's goofy rules. And of course the worms can't take meat or dairy.
- The only place I could put a composter outside is a very small/narrow area.
- I have seen the NatureMill, but spending $300 to compost my meat and dairy seems more than a bit excessive.
- My city has a composting program, but currently only accepts yard waste--they will not accept even vegetable waste yet.